The Mississippi State Memorial is located on Confederate Avenue at Milepost 12.3 of the park tour road. It was erected at a cost of $32,000 and dedicated on November 13, 1909 by Governor F. E. Noel and accepted by Blewett Lee. The bronze work was fabricated in Rome, Italy and shipped to New Orleans, LA on April 20, 1912. The memorial is constructed of Mount Airy, NC Granite and is 76' high.
Photo courtesy of Wade Barnes