The Indiana State Memorial is located on the south loop of Union Avenue at milepost 14.3 of the park tour road. It features a full bronze statue of Governor Oliver Perry Morton, who served as the wartime governor of Indiana during the Civil War. The statue was erected by the State of Indiana in April 1922, and dedicated June 16, 1926. Acceptance for the Federal government was by Capt. William T. Rigby, resident commissioner of Vicksburg National Military Park. The sculptor was George T. Brewster.