No Marker Placed
This unit was attached to the escort of Brig. Gen. William H. (Red) Jackson's Cavalry Division, Gen. Joseph E. Johnston's Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Capt. J. Y. Webb and Lt. Nathaniel M. Martin. The division was ordered from the Department of Tennessee about 26 May 1863. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign
, Volume III, page 1152.]
Gen. Jackson's division was ordered from the Department of Tennessee about 26 May 1863, and was headquartered near Canton, MS, on 4 June 1863, at Vernon, MS, on 13, 18, 21, and 23 June 1863.