4th Iowa Infantry
Multiple monument located on the south side of Union Avenue approximately .6 mile west of Grant Avenue. Also a marker designating the assaults of 19 May 1863, located atop Bell Smith Ridge 1800' past Park Tour Stop #6, 250' to the north of Union Avenue and a marker designating a sharpshooter's line in the same position. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. John M. Thayer & Col. Milo Smith's 3rd Brigade of Maj. Gen.. Frederick Steele & Brig. Gen. John M. Thayer's 1st Division, of Maj. Gen'ls William T. Sherman & Frederick Steele's XV Army Corps and was commanded by Col. James A. Williamson & Lt. Col. George Burton.