27th Missouri Infantry Regimental Marker
Monument designating a sharpshooters' line on the south side of Union Avenue approximately 0.8 miles west of Thayer's Approach (Park Tour Stop #6). Also a multiple monument located on the south side of Union Avenue approximately 0.2 miles west of the Navy Memorial (Park Tour Stop #7). This unit was attached to Colonels Francis H. Manter's and Bernard G. Farrar's (assumed command 13 June 1863) 1st Brigade of Maj. Gen. Frederick Steel's and Brig. Gen. John M. Thayer's 1st Division, Maj. Gen'ls William T. Sherman's and Frederick Steele's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Thomas Curley.