Clark's Battery Missouri Artillery Regimental Monument
Multiple monument located on Confederate Ave. west of the Stockade Redan (Park Tour Stop 10). This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. John W. Whitfield's 2d Brigade, of Brig. Gen. William H. (Red) Jackson's Cavalry Division, Gen. Joseph E. Johnston's Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Capt. Houston King. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign
, Volume III, page 1152.] Gen. Jackson's division was ordered from the Department of Tennessee about 26 May 1863, and was headquartered near Canton, MS, on 4 June 1863, and at Vernon, MS, on 13, 18, 21, and 23 June 1863.