60th Indiana Infantry
Monument located on Union Avenue near the Visitor Center parking area. Also markers designating sharpshooter's lines located on Union Avenue between the Memorial Arch and the Minnesota Memorial and in the mowed bay running north & south 400 yards west-southwest of the Minnesota Memorial and a marker designating the camp site located on Union Avenue between the Memorial Arch and the Minnesota Memorial. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Stephen G. Burbridge's 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Richard Owen.