48th Ohio Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue, 200 yards south of the Minnesota Memorial. Also a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located on the north side of Confederate Avenue below the Railroad Redoubt. This unit was attached to Col. William J. Landram's 2d Brigade, of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Lt. Col. Job R. Parker and Col. Peter J. Sullivan.