1st United States Infantry Tablet
A detachment under the command of Maj. Maloney served two 30-pdr. Parrott rifles from 20 May 1863, and two 8" Dahlgren guns from 20 June 1863 (called Battery Maloney), to the end of the siege, in the general area of the position now known as Maloney's Circle. A detachment of the regiment commanded by Capt. E.D. Phillips served a 30-pdr. Parrott rifle in the position now known as Maloney's Circle from 21 May 1863, to the end of the siege. A third detachment of the regiment, under Capt. Robert Hilton Offley, served two 30-pdr. Parrott rifles from the afternoon of 21 May 1863, and two 9" muzzle-loading Dahlgren guns from 11 June 1863, to 19 June 1863, at Battery McPherson.