Painted Desert Inn Snow
News Release Date:
November 19, 2009
Contact: Hallie Larsen
, 928-524-6228 x274
Petrified Forest—On December 8, 2009, celebrate Petrified Forest National Park’s 103nd Anniversary! Activities at Petrified Forest include:
- Anniversary and Holiday Open House at the Painted Desert National Historic Landmark from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Dec. 8—enjoy hot drinks, cookies and treats, and holiday cheer.
- Cultural demonstrator will demonstrate traditional art work at the Painted Desert National Historic Landmark 10 am to 4 pm. They may have some of their beautiful work available for sale through the Petrified Forest Museum Association.
- 10:00 am Tour of the Painted Desert Inn: look for the architectural details that reflect the region’s rich heritage, including a skylight by the CCC and murals by Hopi artist Fred Kabotie.
- 1:00 pm Rainbow Forest Museum: Late Triassic Ranger Program, learn about petrified wood and the ancient environment.
- 3:00 pm Tour of Puerco Pueblo and Petroglyphs, discover the ancestral Puebloan people.
For more information call (928) 524-6228, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time; or write to the Superintendent, Petrified Forest National Park, P.O. Box 2217, Petrified Forest, AZ 86028; or e-mail the Park Superintendent.