Ranger Jim Burgess leading a First Manassas tour.
If you have 1-2 hours to visit:
- Explore the museum and see displays of civil war era uniforms, weapons and field gear.
- Play with the electronic battle map for a quick overview of field strategy and tactics.
- See the park's 45 minute orientation film Manassas: End of Innocence which is shown on the hour in the Visitors Center theatre.
- Browse the bookstore.
- Take the self-guided 1 mile Henry Hill Loop Trail.
- Get your picture taken at the Jackson statue.
If you have more time, try one of the following:
- Buy an audio CD and follow the Second Manassas driving tour.
- Join a Park Ranger for a guided hike.
- Take a self-guided hike on one of the many interpretive loop trails: Stone Bridge, Matthews Hill, Brawner Farm, Deep Cut, Unfinished Railroad or Chinn Ridge.