Little River Canyon National Preserve in cooperation with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries manages the Backcountry Area (Little River Wildlife Management Area - Cherokee and DeKalb Counties) for hunting.
Hunting License and Permit Required for the Little River Wildlife Management Area.
1. Hunting License - Available at any local license agent.
2. Management Area License - Available at any local license agent.
3. Management Area Permit - Free, available at the Little River Canyon Headquarter's office or the Check Station (located at Cherokee County Road 103, one-half mile from the intersection with Highway 35). Also available at most local license agents.
4. Gun Deer Hunts Permit (Draw Hunts) - Free, available only on the day of the hunt at the Hunters Check Station (located at Cherokee County Road 103, one-half mile from the intersection with Highway 35). The station will open no later than 5:00 a.m.
For more information, contact Alabama Department of Conservation, Divison of Fish and Game at:
(256) 435-5422 Jacksonville, AL
Did You Know?
Pets are welcome at Little River Canyon National Preserve as long as they are on a leash at all times.