National Park Service Headquarters
Telephone: (256) 845-9605
The Little River Canyon Center is owned by Jacksonville State University. The Director is Pete Conroy. The National Park Service leases part of the building for the staff of Little River Canyon National Preserve.
The facility features a Grand Hall, HD movie theater, gift shop, natural history library, exhibits, classrooms, back deck, outdoor amphitheater and trails for both education and adventure.
Rooms are available to rent for meetings, social gatherings, corporate retreats and other special events. The Canyon Center features a regular schedule of programs that include concerts, workshops, hikes, lectures, and other activities for students of all ages.
The building itself is educational as it is LEED (Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design) registered structure that utilizes geothermal heating and cooling, recycled materials, added insulation and many other innovative and sustainable design elements.
Did You Know?
Little River Canyon was once known as May's Gulf. The citizens of Fort Payne and Centre, Alabama voted to change the name in 1953.