Click on the image to download the full trail map.
||N County Line Road, Portage, 46368
- Swim in the cool waters of Lake Michigan. Lifeguards are on duty in the summer.
- Hike through the dunes on the many marked trails.
- Fish in nearby Long Lake.
- Bird watch along the shoreline or marked trails.
- Area opens 7 a.m. and closes 30 minutes past sunset seasonally (Day after Labor through late May)
- Area opens 8 a.m. and closes 30 minutes past sunset seasonally (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day)
- Walk-in traffic, 6 a.m. until sunset, daily
- Fee charged only in summer
- Year-round restroom facilities
- Parking lot can accomodate 596 vehicles (including bus & RV parking spaces)
- Information board listing current park activities
- Bath house with showers and lockers (will open on May 22 for the season)
- Southern most tip of Lake Michigan
- Research area for universities
- Starting at U.S. 80/94, go north on U.S. 51/Ripley Street 1 mile.
- Turn right (east) on Melton Road/U.S. 20 go 0.9 mile.
- Turn left (north) on County Line Road and go 1 2/10 mile.
- Turn right (east) into the entrance to West Beach and follow road to parking area.