Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center Closed
The Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center is closed until Fall 2013 for a major maintenance project. A temporary park Visitor Center, along with the park store, are located in the Lamar Bathhouse at the south end of Bathhouse Row. Call for more information.
Maurice and Libbey Request for Proposals
Contact: Superintendent's Office, 501-623-2824
National Park Service issues Requests for Proposals to lease
The National Park Service will issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) October 23 to solicit proposals from the private sector for long-term leases of two historic buildings in Hot Springs National Park - the Maurice Bathhouse on Bathhouse Row and the Libbey Bathhouse on Reserve and Spring Streets.
The proposals may be submitted starting October 23, 2012 and all proposals must be received by 4:30 p.m. (CST) April 30, 2013.
The two bathhouse buildings were built between 1912 and 1922 and range in size from over 20,000 square feet to almost 23,000 square feet.
Parties interested in obtaining an RFP should contact the National Park Service by mail at Hot Springs National Park, 101 Reserve Street, Hot Springs, AR 71901, or by phone at 501-623-2824. RFP's will be also available for download from the park's website at http://www.nps.gov/hosp/parkmgmt/index.htm
Did You Know?
Hot Springs Reservation, the first designation of Hot Springs National Park, was set aside by Congress in 1832. This makes Hot Springs National Park the oldest unit in the national park system, 40 years older than Yellowstone National Park.