2.5.2 Contracting Officer's Directive (COD)
Construction Management Representative (CMR)
- Prepare Draft COD Letter. Include scope of work, justification for change, cost estimate, and forward information to Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Upon receipt of a Contracting Officer's (CO) Directive, contractor starts work on contract change and, as soon as possible, provides the CMR with a cost proposal for the additional work, including any time extensions.
- Coordinate receipt of contractor's proposal for work within 10 days of COD issuance if not already received.
- Prepare modification documents. COD is required to be definitized in a bilateral modification within 30 days. (For conversion to bilateral agreement, see Modifications.)
- Enter COD information into COD Log.
- Original COD Letter to contractor, with copies to Regional Director, Park Superintendent, Project Manager (PM), Construction COR, CMR, and contract files.