Canyonlands is divided into four districts by the massive canyons of the Green and Colorado rivers. From accessible views at Island in the Sky or rambling trails in the Needles, to deep remoteness of the Maze or even floating the rivers themselves: whatever you choose, Canyonlands offers a lifetime of exploration possibilities.
- In Basic Information, learn important trip-planning facts, such as Operating Hours, Fees & Passes, Weather, and more.
- See Directions for ways to reach Canyonlands' different districts from nearby cities in Utah and Colorado.
- In Eating & Sleeping, learn about park campgrounds. (There are no restaurants in Canyonlands.)
- In Places to Go, learn more about Canyonlands' four land districts and two rivers.
- In Things To Do, explore the many activities that are possible in the park.
- Browse the Trip Itineraries section for suggestions on how to spend your visit.
- Read the Safety pages for important tips on staying safe in remote desert places.
- Consult the Park Regulations section if you have any questions about allowable activities.
- Check the Road Conditions page before starting any trip on unpaved or 4WD roads.
The park Calendar
, Nearby Attractions
, and Accessibility
pages might help you make the most of your visit. You can also connect to the park and get help planning your trip via our social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.