The closest airport is in Cortez, Colorado.
Currently, there are no signs directing you to Yucca House. The monument is surrounded by private land. Once you leave the main highway, the road to Yucca House becomes gravel or dirt, which may be impassible in wet weather. You may need to pass through livestock gates and close them behind you. If you have questions, please contact Mesa Verde National Park at (970) 529-4465.
Directions to Yucca House National Monument
- From the entrance of Mesa Verde National Park, take Hwy. 160 West through Cortez, to Hwy. 491 South.
- Continue driving south approximately 8 miles from the intersection of Hwy. 160 and Hwy. 491.
- Take a right on MC County Road B (green sign), which is a dirt road one mile south of MC Road C.
- Drive 0.8 miles, crossing a paved road (MC Road 21).
- Take the next dirt road on the right before the farmhouse on the left. (As you make this turn, you will cross a yellow cattle guard and pass a Box Bar Ranch, No Trespassing sign. The "no trespassing" sign does not apply to the county road.)
- Follow this road north and west for 1.4 miles, and head towards the white ranch house with the red roof on the west horizon.
- Once at the ranch house, Yucca House National Monument is on the left side of the driveway.
Please be courteous toward the private landowners and close all gates behind you as you enter to prevent livestock from escaping.
Once at the parking area, follow the boardwalk and enter the monument through a small gate, making sure you close it behind you.
There is no public transportation available to Yucca House.