|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Outer Banks Group, 252-475-9034
Learn more about your national parks! The Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, and Wright Brothers National Memorial spring program schedule runs from Monday, April 27 through Thursday, May 21, 2015. A variety of free programs are offered:
Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Monday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. –Barrier Island Dynamics: Look at the wild side of the Outer Banks and learn how the flora and fauna of this island community are shaped and adapt to the natural processes of island migrations, barrier island roll-over and erosion. Hatteras Island Visitor Center Pavilion (20 min).
- Monday - Friday, 2:30 p.m. –Light Station Talk: Get answers to all your questions about the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Cape Hatteras Light Station Museum Porch (20 min).
- Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. –Pirates!: Find out more about the golden age of piracy. Ocracoke Visitor Center (30 min).
- Monday &Friday, 2:00 p.m.;Wednesday, 11:00 a.m. –Barrier Island Nature: Discover more about the plants, animals, or shifting sands of the Outer Banks. Ocracoke Visitor Center (30 min).
- Tuesday &Thursday, 2:00 p.m. –Banker Ponies: Learn more about the ponies' mysterious origins, unique physical attributes, and survival skills. Ocracoke Pony Pens (30 min).
Fort Raleigh National Historic Site
- Daily, 11:00 p.m. –One Island, Many Stories!: Since before the English first set foot on Roanoke Island in 1584, the island has seen many people come and go. Some of those who came died here, while others found things only possible in their dreams. Join us to learn more. Visitor Center (25 min.)
Wright Brothers National Memorial
- Daily: 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. &4:00 p.m. –Flight Room Talk: Learn about the Wrights and how they developed the first successful airplane. See a demonstration of their control system on a reproduction of the 1903 Flyer. Flight Room Auditorium (25 min).