We're seeking amazing photos from amateur photographers that highlight the best of War in the Pacific National Historical Park in these categories:
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation
Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures War in the Pacific NHP –camping, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, kayaking, riding, etc.
- Historical & Cultural
Inspire with images depicting historical locations and cultural events.
- Scenic, Seasons &Landscapes
Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes - jungles, beaches, rivers and more.
- Every Kid In A Park
In conjunction with First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Outside! initiative, Every Kid in a Park encourages kids and families to be active and explore America's Great Outdoors. Launched in 2015, the initiative strives to connect kids with natural resources and create the next generation of visitors, advocates, and supporters of our public lands.
Take a walk on the wild side with photos of wildlife on federal lands –mammals, birds, insects and reptiles. Keep your distance and stay safe!
- Night Skies
Capture the magic of a night out under the stars. Slow the shutter speed down and see what develops!
Photos must be taken at any of the units of War in the Pacific National Historical Park, Guam
Photographs must be taken between January 1, 2013 and July 15, 2016 and contest entries are accepted from May 1, 2016 to July 15, 2016. Winners will be announced by August 1, 2016.
How to Submit?
Email up to two (2) photos per week (Monday-Sunday) to FindYourParkGuam@gmail.com. Please include your name and preferred email address.
How are the Photos Judged?
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
(i) originality, (ii) artistic composition, (iii) technical quality, (iv) photographic technique, and (v) whether the photograph showcases War in the Pacific National Historical Park.
We are looking for the official photo that will be featured on the War in the Pacific National Historical Park's website. Plus, it's a fantastic way to "Find Your Park" and let others see and appreciate all the incredible federal lands and adventures across the nation.
Who's Eligible to Enter?
- Amateur Photographers (less than 20% of your total income is from photography).
- Photographs must be taken by you and you must have the rights to the photo.
Who's Ineligible to Enter?
- Employees of the participating agencies and sponsors and their family members are not eligible to win prizes..
- Individuals who derive 20% or more of their income from photography.
What Not to Do
- Do not alter or manipulate photos except for minimal cropping, red eye removal and/or adjustment of contrast, brightness or saturation
- Don't break any laws or rules of federal lands
- Don't do anything unsafe
- Don't photograph anything that is inappropriate, indecent or obscene
- No watermarks or logos
What to Do
- Enjoy your experience and share it with us!
- Tell your friends
All entries can be seen on the Park's Flickr site.