- Fishing or take of any kind in the Coral Reef National Monument
- Striking coral, damage to the mangroves, sea grass or any natural resources.
- Taking of Nassau Grouper and or Goliath Grouper
- Spear fishing. Spear fishing equipment must be broken down for transit through NPS or Monument waters.
- Fishing from any moorings except Cabritte Horn designated fishing moorings
- Fishing within Boat Exclusion areas or mooring fields.
- Fishing between 8:00am and 5:00 pm at the NPS Redhook dock, Cruz Bay finger pier or bulkhead.
- Commercial fishing, including day charters.
- Fish traps of non-traditional West Indian design. Fish traps must be of traditional West Indian design, with biodegradable door, and be tagged and registered in accordance with Department of Planning and Natural Resources (DPNR) policy.
- Use of soldier/hermit crabs and undersized, or out of season, whelks for bait.
Permits for the Cabritte Horn yellow fishing moorings can applied for at the National Park Service offices in Cruz Bay, or by writing the park at:
Virgin Islands National Park
Attn: Special Use Permits
1300 Cruz Bay Creek
St. John, VI 00830