Monument located on Confederate Avenue south of the Missouri Memorial.
15 April - 8 May 1863 (Grierson's Raid) - A section (2 guns) of this battery was attached to Col. Thomas P. Dockery's Combat Team, of Maj. Gen. Carter L. Stevenson's 2d Military District, Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton's Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana, and commanded by Capt. S. Lowe. During the Campaign and Siege of Vicksburg, the battery was attached to Brig. Gen. Martin E. Green's (killed in action 27 June 1863) and Col. Thomas P. Dockery's 2d Brigade, of Maj. Gen. John S. Bowen's Division, Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton's Army of Vicksburg, and commanded Capt. William E. Dawson. [Refer to page 784, Volume 3 of the WPA Monumentation Books; and Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume II, pages 251, 645, and 689; and Volume III, pages 783, 871, and 967.]
Lowe's Battery Missouri Artillery