Special Event Permits

When is a permit needed?

A Special Use Permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization, rather than the public at large, and for activities that require some degree of management by the National Park Service. Examples of activities may include, but are not limited to: filming, cultural programs, workshops, events, runs, and cycling events.


How do I apply for a permit?

If your proposed activity is unusual or complex, you should request a meeting with park staff prior to submitting your application. Early consultation with park staff will help you submit a complete application that they will be able to process in a timely manner.

Permit applications are available below. Send a completed application along with the application fee as far in advance of your planned date as possible to:

Tule Lake National Monument

PO Box 1240

Tulelake, CA 96134

Attn: Special Use Application

Special Park Use Short Form (Used for simple special events, filming, etc.)

Special Park Use Long Form (Use for more complex special events, filming, etc.)

Last updated: May 23, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 1240
Tulelake , CA 96134


(530) 260-0537
or call 5306678113 for the Lava Beds National Monument Visitor Center.

Contact Us