To have a safe and enjoyable visit to the Tuskegee Institute National Historic Site, plan to do the following:
- Wear clothing appropriate for the season and temperature (see Weather)
- Store all valuables in your vehicle out of site of passers-by.
- Lock your vehicle when you leave it in the parking area.
- Wear sturdy footwear that support your walk throughout the historic site.
- Bring water as needed to help ward off heat exhaustion.
- Apply sunscreen and/or insect repellant as needed.
- Heed all directional and warning signs--they are for your benefit.