Junior Ranger Challenge -- Learn a Language
Speaking with visitors is part of our job as park rangers.
Thaddeus Kosciuszko is remembered as a hero in Poland. Some of the visitors to the Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial speak Polish. Kids in Poland learn about him in school, just like kids in the U.S. learn about George Washington, Martin Luther King, Jr., or Harriet Tubman. Our Polish visitors are very excited when we welcome them in their language.
Now it's your turn to learn some Polish.
Your challenge: Learn how to say some words in Polish
Directions1. Use the phonetic spelling next to each word to help you say the words out loud.
2. Speak the words out loud to someone you know.
3. Optional: If you have a smartphone, record yourself saying the words.
Polish Words and Definitions
BONUS! Choose a language YOU want to learn1. Ask a grown up to help you, or use the internet with a grown up's permission.
2. Pick a language, and then write down three words or phrases that you want to learn. Maybe you will want to learn the words for your favorite foods or activities.
3. Search for the words on the internet.
4. Write down how your words are spelled in a different language.
Bahati njema! That means "good luck" in Swahili.
Last updated: February 3, 2018