Leaving from Big Meadows amphitheater, this hike leads to an observation point over a beautiful 81 foot waterfall.
Distance: 3.3-mile circuit hike
Difficulty: Moderate (explanation of our hiking difficulty scale)
Hiking Time: 4 hours
Elevation Gain: 990 feet
- From the Big Meadows amphitheater parking area, walk downhill from the concrete marker post and turn left on the Appalachian Trail.
- Stay right onto the blue-blazed Lewis Falls Trail. It’s a steep, rocky descent to the falls viewing platform.
- To return, take the trail up to its intersection with a fire road and turn right.
- In a few yards, turn left onto the Appalachian Trail.
- Follow uphill to return to the parking area.