This 1.5 mile hike is a quick way to access the iconic North Bubble, South Bubble, and Bubble Rock. Visitors can take two short spur trails to reach each summit with expansive views of Jordan Pond and the surrounding mountains.
- Distance: 1.5 miles round trip
- Terrain: Forested path, steep rocky sections, exposed granite, wide stairs
- The hike starts at the Bubbles Divide parking lot.
- Follow the Bubbles Divide Trail for .25 miles as it becomes steeper with steps just before the junction of the Bubbles Trail to North Bubble.
- Take a right at this junction on the Bubbles Trail.
- Continuing onto North Bubble, the trail becomes steep with open granite ledges and will be slick in wet weather. There are excellent views of Jordan Pond, Pemetic and Sargent Mountains, and the Cranberry Isles.
- Return back down from the summit of North Bubble to the first junction. Turn right and follow the Bubbles Divide Trail towards South Bubble and Bubble Rock for .7 miles.
- After reaching the summit of South Bubble, turn back and follow blue blazes for Bubble Rock, a precarious glacial erratic.
- Return on the Bubbles Divide Trail all the way back to the parking lot.
The Bubbles hike is not accessible. The trails have uneven footing, stairs, and short, steep sections. There are no accessible restrooms at the trailhead.