The Jesup Path and Hemlock Path Loop consists of two mostly level trails creating a figure-8. The loop runs through stands of white birch and hemlock and into the Great Meadow beyond Sieur de Monts. Views of Dorr Mountain also interspersed in this walk. Great for families, kids, and wheel-chair accessible.
Distance: 1.5 miles round trip
- Terrain: Compact, flat trail. Wooden boardwalk with benches and pullouts, wide, gravel fire road.
- Start the hike just before the entrance to the Wild Gardens of Acadia at Sieur de Monts. A wooden footbridge provides access to the Jesup Path.
- Follow the path as it crosses Hemlock Path, and continue straight onto the boardwalk.
- The boardwalk runs through a boggy, white birch forest. There are interpretive waysides and benches along the way.
- As the boardwalk ends, the trail crosses Hemlock Path again. Continue through the Great Meadow, finally ending at the Park Loop Road.
- Cross the Park Loop Road, and turn right onto the Great Meadow Loop. Use caution when crossing the Park Loop Road as there are no crosswalks.
- At the next trail junction, turn right and cross back over the Park Loop Road onto Hemlock Path.
- Follow Hemlock Path back into the Great Meadow, past the boardwalk, and through a forest of hemlocks.
- The path leads back to Sieur de Monts parking lot.