- Vehicles longer than 25 feet and/or higher than 11 feet 7 inches are prohibited.
- All trailers are prohibited.
Two accessible parking spaces are located at the summit parking area. From the parking lot, paved trails lead to two summit overlooks.
The South Overlook is approximately 300 yards (274 meters) from the parking lot. Access to the North Overlook is by a 16% uphill path of about 60 yards (55 meters). It will take you to a level looping trail system which is about 150 yards (137 meters) long. Several overlooks from the summit will reveal the North Platte Valley. The remaining 100 yards (91 meters) contains a steep downhill grade of 19% with dropoffs on either side.
Built in the 1930's, the Summit Road is the oldest concrete road in the State of Nebraska and gives visitors a chance to reach the top of the bluff by automobile. This 1.6 mile drive features scenic views and the only three vehicular tunnels in the state. It is narrow with sharp curves.
- Vehicles longer than 25 feet and/or higher than 11 feet 7 inches are prohibited. All trailers are prohibited.
- Visitors have the option to access the summit using our Summit Shuttle when staffing allows.
- Hiking or bicycling on the Summit Road is only allowed during daylight hours when closed to vehicular traffic.
Last updated: January 25, 2022