Pets are not allowed on this hike. This route takes you to a 180-degree view of the Shenandoah Valley without a rock scramble.
Distance: 1.1-mile round trip hike
Difficulty: Easiest (explanation of our hiking difficulty scale)
Hiking Time: 45 minutes
Elevation Gain: 305 feet
- From the Bearfence parking area (mile 56.4), cross Skyline Drive and climb the stairs up the bank.
- At the trail post, turn right onto the Appalachian Trail south.
- Go left on the connector trail.
- Turn right onto Bearfence Loop Trail. You’ll see the viewpoint on your right.
- Turn around, and retrace your steps back to the parking area.