Pets are not allowed on this hike. This route takes you to a 180-degree view of the Shenandoah Valley without a rock scramble.
Distance: 1.1-mile round trip hike
Difficulty: Easiest (explanation of our hiking difficulty scale)
Hiking Time: 45 minutes
Elevation Gain: 305 feet
- From the Bearfence parking area (mile 56.4), cross Skyline Drive and climb the stairs up the bank.
- At the trail post, turn right onto the Appalachian Trail south.
- Go left on the connector trail.
- Turn right onto Bearfence Loop Trail. You’ll see the viewpoint on your right.
- Turn around, and retrace your steps back to the parking area.
The average hiking duration does not take into consideration fitness, exploration, rest, contemplation, etc.
Pets are not allowed on this hike.
An entrance fee is required to get into Shenandoah National Park.
The trailhead for this hike is located at the Bearfence parking area.
Although pets are not allowed on Bearfence Loop Trail, service animals are welcome. This trail does not meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
Download the trail map
Click the image to download the trail map. Print it out at home or save it to your phone to take with you on your hike.
Last updated: February 16, 2021