- Grade Level:
- Lower Elementary: Pre-Kindergarten through Second Grade
- Science,Social Studies
- State Standards:
- California/history/social science—Grade 2.3
Students explore park ranger jobs through meeting a ranger in an interactive distance learning program. Students learn about job responsibilities by using objects from the ranger's backpack as discussion prompts. Program was specially developed for classes reading Exploring Parks with Ranger Dockett in their Houghton Mifflin Harcourt language arts textbook. Can be adapted for other grade levels.
Broadcast length: 30 minutes
Grade level: Second
- Give one reason why we have national parks.
- Explain one job park rangers have.
- Share whether or not you would like to be a park ranger and why.
- Share one way you can help protect national parks.
Schedule a Program
This FREE Channel Islands Live Distance Learning Program is available for interactive participation at your location and at the park visitor center in Ventura, California. Visit Schedule a Program for more information.
Last updated: September 2, 2016