- Grade Level:
- Upper Elementary: Third Grade through Fifth Grade
- Literacy and Language Arts,Social Studies
- Common Core Standards:
- 3.L.1, 4.L.1, 5.L.1, 3.SL.3, 4.SL.1, 4.SL.1.c, 4.SL.3, 5.SL.1, 5.SL.1.c, 5.SL.3
Activity: Archeological Sites
Grade Level: 3rd – 5th
Time Requirement: 30-60 minutes
How do researchers identify archeological sites, and what can we learn from them?
What do I do if I find something that looks like an artifact or a potential site?
Students will tour a number of famous archeological sites, learning how archeologists locate and define those sites. Discussion will strengthen understanding of archeological sites and why they are important. Topics include site stewardship and how students might deal with objects or locations that they believe are potential archeological sites.
- Students will understand what an archeological site is and the broad range of site types.
- Students will discuss the process of finding sites.
- Students will assess the benefits of studying archeology.
- Students will recognize their role in preserving sites.
Phone: (402) 437-5392, Ext. 145
More information about MWAC distance learning
Last updated: May 19, 2021