- Grade Level:
- Upper Elementary: Third Grade through Fifth Grade
- Literacy and Language Arts,Social Studies
- Common Core Standards:
- 3.SL.1, 3.SL.2, 3.SL.3, 3.SL.4, 3.SL.6, 4.SL.1, 4.SL.3, 4.SL.4, 5.SL.1, 5.SL.3, 5.SL.4
What part do archeologists play in the National Park Service?
Students will discuss and engage in the basic roles of archeology within the NPS as explored through specific examples from the Midwest Region and Midwest Archeological Center (MWAC).
- Students will learn about the locations of some national parks in the Midwest.
- Students will understand the basic definition of archeology.
- Students will discuss what archeologists do and understand the implications of the career.
- Students will value heritage artifacts and cultural resources and gain an understanding of their importance.
- Students will be engaged with the principles of stewardship and cultural resource management.
Phone: (402) 437-5392, Ext. 145
More information on MWAC distance learning
Last updated: May 19, 2021