Volunteer with Us
You Can Make Our Great Places Better.
Join Volunteers-In-Parks (VIP) to support the National Park Service in its mission to preserve and protect our national parks. You can volunteer for a day or year-round; on your own or with friends and family; close to home or at a dream destination. Volunteer opportunities are available nationwide including in U.S. Territories.
What Can Volunteers Do?
The possibilities are as diverse as our national park’s themselves. Here are some example volunteer activities:
- Lead or support education and public-facing programs
- Maintain or rebuild trails or historic buildings
- Conduct research or monitor wildlife to preserve our natural resources
- Help families make memories happen as a campground host
- Teach others about the park and swear in new Junior Rangers in the visitor center
- Support libraries, archives, and museums in parks to preserve our cultural resources
- Produce art while staying in a park as an Artist-In-Residence
- Educate train travelers on the natural and cultural heritage of a region through the Trails & Rails program