Date: September 24, 2015
The National Park Service and the United States Park Police in cooperation with local, state and federal law enforcement, public safety and transportation agencies, and event organizers have developed security, logistics and access plans for The Trust for the National Mall’s permittedLandmarkMusic Festival. The concert will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 26-27 from12 p.m. -10 p.m.in West Potomac Park.
The following roads will be closed and off-limits
- West Basin Drive SW from Independence Avenue SW to Ohio Drive SW
- Ohio Drive SW from 23rd Street SW to Inlet Bridge
There is no festival parking in West Potomac Park, and concert-goers are strongly advised to use public transportation. Foggy Bottom/GWU (23rd Street NW & I Street NW) and Smithsonian (12th Street SW & Independence Avenue SW) are the closest Metro stations; visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website for more information.
The entry point for the festival is located on West Basin Drive SW off of Independence Avenue SW and will open at10 a.m.on both Saturday and Sunday, September 26 and 27, 2015.
All attendees, including general public and ticketed guests, are subject to a thorough security screening before entering the concert venue. Please allow additional time for the security screening, as it is expected that lines may be long.
The following items are prohibited at the concert:
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Chairs of any kind
- Alcohol or kegs of any kind
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment (at the screener’s discretion)
- Large professional detachable zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial photography equipment (at the screener’s discretion)
- Any and all professional video equipment. No video recording is allowed (at the screener’s discretion)
- Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind, except two factory sealed bottles of water (up to 1 liter each)
- Pets (except service animals)
- Professional radios or walkie-talkies (at the screener’s discretion)
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (wheelchairs and scooters for use by patrons with mobility disabilities are permitted)
- Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and material including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, coolers with any messaging etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- Framed backpacks
- Any item deemed inappropriate by security or U.S. Park Police
For information about the Landmark Music Festival, including ticketing, lineup and schedule for the show, visit www.landmarkfestival.org.