What Falls Under Fast-Track Clearance?
Requirements for a Fast-Track Clearance include that:
- Respondent participation is voluntary
- No significant burden on respondents
- Analysis of results does not require extensive statistical analysis
- Public dissemination of results is not intended
- focus groups;
- one-time or panel discussion groups;
- customer satisfaction qualitative surveys;
- post-transaction customer surveys;
- online surveys; comment cards or complaint forms;
- moderated, un-moderated, in-person, and remote usability studies;
- surveys that require statistical rigor because they will be used for making significant policy or resource allocation decisions;
- collections whose results are intended to be published in peer-reviewed journals or similar outlets;
- collections that are intended for basic research and that do not directly benefit the agency’s service delivery.
- any information collection designed to gather visitor satisfaction data related to social science themes (i.e, beliefs, values, or perceptions) of services offered.
For further guidance:
Link to FAQ for Fast Track Process from whitehouse.gov [pdf]