Shiloh National Military Park

Pittsburg Landing
Steamboats at Pittsburg Landing

(NPS Photo)

Congress established Shiloh National Military Park on December 27, 1894 to commemorate the April 6-7, 1862 battle that raged around Shiloh Church and Pittsburg Landing. Producing more than 23,000 casualties, the battle was the largest engagement in the Mississippi Valley campaign during the Civil War. Originally under the War Department, Shiloh National Military Park was transferred to the National Park Service in the Department of the Interior in 1933. Currently, the park has over 4,200 acres. The Corinth Battlefield Unit encompass roughly 240 acres with potential for a total of 800 acres. For more information, click on the following links:

Battle of Shiloh History

Shiloh Battlefield Legislation

National Park Service Civil War Series: The Battle of Shiloh

Shiloh Battlefield Handbook (ca. 1951)

Shiloh Map

Shiloh Monument Location System

Shiloh Site Bulletins

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1055 Pittsburg Landing Road
Shiloh , TN 38376

Phone:

(731) 689-5696

Contact Us