If you have just an hour or two, take a stroll along the water front and explore the Derby Wharf.
- Download our self-guided audio tour to learn more about the site.
- The Friendship of Salem is currently undergoing repairs and routine maintenance at dry dock in Gloucester, Massachusetts. We hope that the Friendship will return to Derby Wharf by October 2016.
- Check out our schedule of Ranger-led programs and make a reservation for a tour.
- Watch our free 27-minute film at our Visitor Center, a ten-minute walk from the site.
- See some of the architectural highlights of Salem's Golden Age, including the Custom House.
- Depending upon the season, the Rangers at Salem Maritime National Historic Site offer a variety of programs at the historic Derby and Narbonne Houses, Custom House built in 1819, and replica tall ship Friendship of Salem. Check out our schedule of activities for more information.
- Be an urban hiker and walk the 1/2 mile length of Derby Wharf to visit the Derby Wharf Light Station.
- Watch the sun rise or set from Derby Wharf.
- Download our Junior Ranger book or pick one up from our Visitor Center and become a Junior Ranger!
- Pack your lunch and have a picnic underneath the centuries-old trees of our historic homes and structures.
If you have even more time...