Salem Armory Visitor Center

The Salem Visitor Center, located on New Liberty Street in downtown Salem, was originally the Salem Armory. It was the headquarters and training facility for the Second Corps of Cadets, which traces its history back to the late eighteenth century.

In 1982, the beautiful 1880s gothic revival building was nearly destroyed by fire. The remaining drill shed was converted into the Salem Armory Visitor Center in 1994. The area between the drill shed and the corner of New Liberty and Essex Streets was turned into Armory Park, a park honoring the veterans of Essex County.

Last updated: May 22, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

160 Derby Street
Salem, MA 01970

Phone:

978-740-1650

Contact Us