General Lesson and Unit Planning
The PDF files below can help assist with creating grade-appropriate classroom lessons and preparing students for a field trip to Sagamore Hill.
- Teacher's Preparation Packet for Elementary Students (PDF 1618KB) – Grades K-6
- Teacher's Preparation Packet for Secondary Students (PDF 864KB) – Grades 7-12
Individual Lesson Plans
These lesson plans were developed by the park's Teacher-Ranger-Teacher Program for various grade levels.
- Research with a Ranger (PDF 883KB) – plan for 8th grade by John Cipriano
- Theodore Roosevelt and the Great War (PDF 2427KB) – plan for 11th grade by J.Cipriano
- Roosevelt's Corollary (PDF 179KB) – plan for grades 9-12 by Andrew Buttermilch
- TR’s Domestic Policies (PDF 362KB) – plan for 8th grade by Elena LiPetri
- Theodore Roosevelt and Responsible Citizenship (PDF 1569KB) - a collection of creative arts based activities aimed at students in grades 5-8. This activity guide is the result of a collaboration between the Theodore Roosevelt Association, a congressionally chartered not-for-profit organization, and the National Park Service.