Saint-Gaudens greatly appreciates all the time volunteers donate in helping the park operate at its highest potential. The park offers many opportunities for individuals and groups to spend time volunteering in various departments within the park: interpretation, collections, grounds maintenance, and natural resources.
- Conducting house and grounds tours
- Staffing the park's museum shop
- Modeling for sculpture classes
- Helping park staff on concert Sundays
- Organizing curatorial storage items
- Helping the museum specialist clean and restore artwork
- Researching information on rare museum pieces
- Creating flower arrangements for placement around park buildings
- Aiding grounds staff with lawn care and gardening
- Repairing and remodeling small park structures and fencing
- Clearing the park trails of organic material
- Collecting debris and trash from parking areas around the park grounds and surrounding road
- Assisting with invasive plant removal
These are just a few of the jobs available for those interested in volunteering at the park. For more information about any of the above and other positions, please contact:
Opportunity for Summer 2017
We are especially looking for a couple with an RV to volunteer from early August through October 31. Duties include a mixture of assisting with interpretive tours, fee collection, staffing the Eastern Bookstore, and general visitor services. Volunteers each generally work 32 hour a week.
An RV pad with the usual hookups is located a short walk from the Visitor Center in a secluded, pleasant location in a non-public area of the park. Wifi is available. Laundry facilities are located in the park maintenance building.
Background checks are required and fees will be covered by the park.
For more information please go to https://www.volunteer.gov/results.cfm?states=NH
or contact the park.
Chief of Visitor Services
(603) 675-2175 x107
Download a volunteer application at this link, and send back to the park. Let Saint-Gaudens know how you would like to get involved!