Your Dollars at Work

Fee Dollars at Work Infographic
Fee Dollars at Work

NPS

Your Fee Dollars at work

In 2017, there were 330,882,751 visitors to national parks and did you know that 117 of 417 national parks charge an entrance fee where 80% of the money remains in the park where it is collected and the other 20% is spent on projects in other national parks. All the funds from entrance fees stay with the National Park Service to enhance the visitor experience.

What is the revenue used for?

  • Repairing and maintaining facilities
  • Improving park infrastructure
  • Enhancing visitor programs and services
  • Protecting park resources

Last updated: May 9, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

2 Marina Boulevard, Building E, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94123

Phone:

(415) 561-7000
The public information office is open from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. PST during weekdays and we will respond to all messages within two business days.

Contact Us