Special Use Permits

A special use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than to the public at large. These activities require some degree of management from the National Park Service if there is:

  • the potential to interfere with usual visitor use patterns.
  • congestion of highly visited areas such as the Osceola Landing and Picnic Area.
  • possible impact on park resources.
Special Use Permits must be obtained in advance and a fee may or may not be charged depending on the activity. Permit fees are non-refundable and include the cost of permit processing and monitoring of the event. If resources are damaged or trash is left, additional fees will be charged.

Step 1: Determine if your activity needs a permit by reviewing these examples. Call the Permit Office, 715-483-2261, if you are unsure.

Step 2: Fill out the Special Use Permit Application. Use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to download PDF files.

Step 3: Return the application to the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, 401 N. Hamilton St., St. Croix Falls, WI, 54024. Note that most applications require a minimum of 4 weeks to fully process.

Last updated: April 21, 2017

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

401 North Hamilton Street
St. Croix Falls, WI 54024


(715) 483-2274

Contact Us