Bighorn Brigade Group Photo
2022 Group Photo of the Bighorn Brigade



Learn about Volunteering at Rocky

Every year, hundreds of people donate their time, knowledge, and skills to volunteering at Rocky Mountain National Park. Volunteers help out with projects across the park, including resource management, visitor services, trail maintenance, and much more.

Volunteers in Rocky are a dedicated group, each giving an average of 150 hours per year. Next time you visit Rocky or any other national park site, be sure to thank our volunteers for their service!


Interested in Volunteering in Rocky Mountain National Park?

To search for available volunteer opportunities and to apply, please visit www.volunteer.gov.


Did You Know?

Rocky Mountain National Park's volunteer group, the Bighorn Brigade, won the national 2021 George and Helen Hartzog Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service.

This prestigious NPS award celebrates an outstanding volunteer program within the National Park Service. To learn more about these awards, visit https://www.nps.gov/subjects/npscelebrates/hartzog-awards.htm

Check out the video below to learn more about the Bighorn Brigade.

Visit our keyboard shortcuts docs for details
1 minute, 30 seconds

Meet the Bighorn Brigade - Winner of the 2021 George and Helen Hartzog Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service


Last updated: September 20, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

1000 US Hwy 36
Estes Park, CO 80517


970 586-1206
The Information Office is open year-round: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily in summer; 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Mondays - Fridays and 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Saturdays - Sundays in winter. Recorded Trail Ridge Road status: (970) 586-1222.

Contact Us