Permits & Reservations

A park ranger, speaking, is visible in the viewfinder screen of a digital movie camera on a tripod


A special park use is a short-term activity that takes place in a park area and provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. These activities require some degree of management from the National Park Service if there is the potential for interference with visitor use, congestion of a highly visited area, or possible impact on park resources. A Special Use Permit is required for weddings, commercial filming and/or photography, First Amendment activities, athletic and other special events.

A commercial activity, other than commercial filming or photography, requires a Commercial Use Authorization. For more information about Special Use Permits or Commercial Use Authorization please contact

Download a
Printable permit application form

Last updated: February 23, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

3215 E. Broad Street
Richmond , VA 23223


804 226-1981

Contact Us

Stay Connected