Mills develop at site.
Tredegar incorporated. Iron Works begin production of railroad items.
Joseph Reid Anderson appointed agent for the Iron Works.
Works supply cannon for U.S. forts; produce 900 guns through 1860.
White workers replaced by enslaved and free blacks following strike.
Anderson purchases the Tredegar Iron Works.
Tredegar becomes the largest iron producer in the South. Flour mill build on site of current NPS visitor center.
Tredegar produces naval armor plating and 1099 cannon.
Armed workers stop mobs intent on burning Tredegar.
Firm becomes the Tredegar Company. Black and white workers receive equal pay.
National depression causes major cutbacks in production at Tredegar.
New generation of artillery earns Tredegar lucrative shell contracts in both world wars.
Tredegar operations on the James River close. Albemarle/Ethyl Corp. purchase property.
Gun foundry restored 1972, site leased to Riverfront Development Corporation 1997, Civil War Visitor Center opens 2000.