CALL FOR NOMINATIONS (OPEN PERIOD DEC. 10, 2021 - JAN. 24, 2022)
The National Park System Advisory Board was first authorized in 1935 under the Historic Sites, Buildings, and Antiquities Act. The Board advises the Director of the National Park Service and the Secretary of the Interior on matters relating to the National Park Service, the National Park System, and programs administered by the National Park Service, including the administration of the Historic Sites, Buildings, and Antiquities Act; the designation of national historic landmarks and national natural landmarks; and the national historic significance of proposed national historic trails. The Board may advise on matters submitted to the Board by the Director, as well as any other issues identified by the Board.
The Board's membership consists of no more than 12 individuals selected from among citizens of the United States having a demonstrated commitment to the mission of the National Park Service, and representing various geographic regions, including each of the administrative regions of the National Park Service.
- Advisory Board meetings >> View meeting announcements, minutes, and other meeting-related information
- Learn more about individual board members >>
- View a copy of the 2018 National Park System Advisory Board charter on the FACA Database >> Scroll down to Charters and Related Docs section
Managing the Second Century of Campgrounds in the National Park Service:
- Presentation on the NPS Second Century Campground Strategy
- Campground Industry Trends Report Introduction
- Campground Industry Trends Report 2019
- Campground Trends Analysis
- Campground Industry Trends Report with COVID-19 Update
- Campground Trends Analysis with COVID-19 Update
In 2010 the National Park System Advisory Board accepted a charge from the NPS Director to develop ways to strengthen National Park Service work as it prepares for a second century of service. Since that time, much has been accomplished. Review the Board's progress summarized in its 2016 report.
Last updated: December 13, 2021