The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a federal law that gives you the right to access any Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial, National Park Service (NPS), or Department of the Interior (DOI) records unless DOI reasonably foresees that the release of the information in those records would harm an interest protected by one or more of the nine exemptions (reasons an agency may withhold records from a requester) or release is prohibited by law.If you are seeking general information about Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial, you may wish to explore other pages of this website or feel free to contact the park. Otherwise, please submit a written FOIA request (there is no official request form, just send us a letter describing the records you desire) to:
Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial
4202 Alhambra Ave
Martinez, CA 94553
You may also submit FOIA requests to the NPS or the DOI. If you have questions on what information is available without submitting a FOIA request or where it may be located, contact one of the NPS FOIA Officers and Contacts or DOI FOIA Contacts. Our responsibility is to provide you with copies of the documents you are entitled to receive under the law. We want to work with you to achieve that goal.
What are the 9 Exemptions?
The following are the 9 FOIA exemptions and the information they cover:
- Classified national defense and foreign relations information.
- Internal agency personnel rules and practices.
- Documentary materials or information prohibited from disclosure by another law.
- Trade secrets and other confidential business information.
- Certain inter-agency, or intra-agency communications.
- Personnel, medical, and other records and information involving personal privacy.
- Records and information compiled for law enforcement purposes.
- Records relating to financial institutions.
- Geological records and information on oil wells.
Disclaimer: To the extent that anything included on this home page may be or could be construed as inconsistent with the law or DOI's regulations, the law and regulations will control DOI's responsibilities under the FOIA.