The SCNHC boast four nationally significant stories:
- The events that took place in South Carolina greatly influenced the eventual American victory in the American Revolution.
- Political disagreements between North and South Carolina served as a catalyst for the American Revolution.
- The brutal combats of the Revolutionary War shaped the lives of traditional Carolinians.
- The American victory in the Revolution caused major changes for Native Americans and African Americans in the Carolinas.
This Heritage Corridor includes the following sites:
- McLeod Plantation Historic Site
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- Middleton Place Plantation
- Drayton Hall Plantation
- SC State Botanical Gardens
- Audubon's Beidler Forest Sanctuary
- Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- Jocassee Gorges Wilderness Area
- Edisto River
Error: You have supplied an invalid NPMap ID. Please edit this element's data and check to ensure the id is correct.