Last updated: August 4, 2022
South Carolina National Heritage Corridor
The South Carolina National Heritage Corridor is committed to promoting and preserving the cultural, natural and historic resources of South Carolina.
National Heritage Corridor
The SCNHC boast four nationally significant stories:
- The events that took place in South Carolina greatly influenced the eventual American victory in the American Revolution.
- Political disagreements between North and South Carolina served as a catalyst for the American Revolution.
- The brutal combats of the Revolutionary War shaped the lives of traditional Carolinians.
- The American victory in the Revolution caused major changes for Native Americans and African Americans in the Carolinas.
This Heritage Corridor includes the following sites:
- McLeod Plantation Historic Site
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- Middleton Place Plantation
- Drayton Hall Plantation
- SC State Botanical Gardens
- Audubon's Beidler Forest Sanctuary
- Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- Jocassee Gorges Wilderness Area
- Edisto River