This site allows access to a section of the Cuyahoga River Water Trail that is suitable for beginners.
Things to Know for Paddlers
- Paved parking lot, pit toilet, hiking and biking trail.
- Dropoff in the gravel access drive at the southeast corner of the Vaughn/Highland Road bridge. Park at Red Lock Trailhead.
- Dropoff/pickup 250 feet from water’s edge (longer than usual).
- Pedal/Paddle option. Use the Towpath Trail to bike/run/walk back from Station Road Bridge trailhead.
- Class I downstream paddle to Station Road Bridge Trailhead involves no permanent hazards.
Red Lock Trailhead
Cuyahoga River access map