Last updated: June 27, 2021
Park at Red Lock Trailhead, 1175 Highland Road, Sagamore Hills, Ohio 44067. Follow the Towpath Trail across the road and turn right to access the river by the bridge.
Provides paddlers with access to the Cuyahoga River Water Trail.
Cuyahoga River Water Trail
Canoe/Kayak/Small Boat Launch, Parking - Auto, Trailhead
Red Lock Trailhead
Cuyahoga River access map
This site allows access to a section of the Cuyahoga River Water Trail that is suitable for beginners.
Things to Know for Paddlers
- Paved parking lot, pit toilet, hiking and biking trail.
- Dropoff in the gravel access drive at the southeast corner of the Vaughn/Highland Road bridge. Park at Red Lock Trailhead.
- Dropoff/pickup 250 feet from water’s edge (longer than usual).
- Pedal/Paddle option. Use the Towpath Trail to bike/run/walk back from Station Road Bridge trailhead.
- Class I downstream paddle to Station Road Bridge Trailhead involves no permanent hazards.